In collecting this information, we are acting as a data controller and, by law, we are required to provide you with information about us, about why and how we use your data, and about the rights you have over your data.
Who we are?
ACE Cornton is a registered Scottish Charity, No SC025482. We are a member of the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) and follow their guidelines to comply with the Data Protections Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018 in respect of the personal information we hold about you. We are committed to safeguarding your privacy and maintaining the security of your personal information. The purpose of this privacy Statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
You can contact us:
Cornton Community Centre
37 Johnston Avenue
Phone: 01786 445619
Any enquiries about our use of your personal data should be addressed to the contact details above.
What personal data do we collect?
We will typically hold the following information about you:
- Your full name and gender
- Date of birth
- Postal address
- Telephone number(s)
- Email address
- Records of your correspondence with us
- Photos and digital images of individuals taken with your consent
But we may request other information where it is appropriate and relevant:
- Details of why you have decided to support/contact us
- Details of how you would like to be involved and what you intend to do with the information we provide
- Information about you that will enable us to be more precise in what we send you or how we approach you
Why we collect this information
- We collect information to allow us to provide you with the information or service you have requested from us
- to provide you with information which we think you will be interested in
- to tailor information and services we provide to ensure they are relevant to you
- so we can improve how we communicate with you, how we fundraise, and how we operate more generally
- managing your membership
- forwarding details to specific third party partners/advisers/other members only when requested by you.
How we collect information
We collect information about you when you give it to us directly. You may give us your personal data in order to receive further information on our programme of classes; when you take part in any of our organised activities (including attending any events); when you volunteer with us or take part in any of our learning opportunities; when you respond to a survey or when you otherwise engage with us. When you give us information in this manner, we may collect and store this information.
What do we do with your information?
Your information is stored in our database and our email system. We may use third party suppliers’ systems to store your data on our behalf e.g. cloud based IT systems on a fully confidential basis.
We will not sell your data, share it with other third parties without your permission and we promise to keep it safe and secure.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will keep your information for as long as necessary unless you are deemed to be inactive for 2 years or more. Your personal information will then be deleted.
Your rights over your information
You have the right to ask us not to contact you or withdraw your consent at any time.
You have the right to obtain details of the personal information we hold about you by making a subject access request in accordance with the DPA or GDPR. After 25 May 2018 we may only charge a reasonable fee where the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
You have the right to have your personal information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You have the right in specific circumstances to have your personal information deleted. You have the right in specific circumstances to restrict the processing of your personal information.
To submit a request by email, post or telephone, please use the contact information provided above.